Hermitage in Northern Virginia is a non-profit continuing care retirement community (CCRC) owned and operated by Virginia United Methodist Homes, Inc. Since the community’s founding in 1962, our mission has been to provide services, programs and amenities that enhance the quality of life for older persons of all faiths. We are dedicated to making Hermitage a welcoming community where senior citizens can enjoy an enriching lifestyle with many choices. Residents live in spacious apartments, with a generous service package that frees them from the demands of home maintenance and supports continued personal independence. As a CCRC, Hermitage also offers health services on site, including assisted living and skilled nursing care. Residents gain peace of mind, knowing their future needs will be met without having to relocate. Hermitage in Northern Virginia is accredited by CARF, International, a non profit accreditor of health and human servic es.
Each month a new calendar of events features social, recreational, entertainment and educational options. Enjoy a ceramics class in the arts and crafts studio. Exercise in the fitness room. Join the Bridge club or music appreciation. Attend a social event in the Penthouse and enjoy the view of the Washington, D.C. skyline.
Not a “joiner”? At Hermitage you’ll find choices for quiet, unstructured times, too. Select a book from the campus library. Take a stroll on level, landscaped walking paths. Meet a friend for lunch in the restaurant-style dining room. Drop by one of the solarium lounges for billiards, cards or conversation. Or enjoy a peaceful afternoon in the privacy of your spacious apartment.
- Maintenance of apartment home and provided appliances
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Landscaping and snow removal
- Transportation to stores and local physicians’ appointments
- Planned social, recreational and wellness programs
- All utilities including cable, phone service and WIFI
- Twenty-four hour security
- Emergency call system
- Licensed nurses on site 24 hours a day
- Priority access to healthcare services
Dining Services include:
- Daily entrée selections
- Three meals per day
- Traditional dining with table service
- Seasonal menus with many choices, including heart-healthy options
- Dietician on staff
- Holiday and themed dining