At Kaplan Estates, the 98 studios and one-bedroom apartments are designed to make our residents feel right at home. Situated on beautifully landscaped grounds, the gathering spaces are warm and welcoming, inside and out. Residents enjoy the best of both worlds — the privacy of one’s own apartment and the benefits of living in a familiar and sociable community.
Kaplan Estates is all about the development of relationships. Our common areas foster socialization among residents, staff and families.
- General store
- Cafe and salon services
- On-site banking
- Private dining rooms with three kosher meals daily
- Community room with movie screen
- Goldman’s Gym Fitness Center with personal trainer
- Non-denominational chapel
- Well-stocked library and community room with movie screen
- Children’s play area
- Spacious studio and one-bedroom apartments with private baths and walk-in closets
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave
- Daily bed making and trash removal; towel and linen service
- Weekly housekeeping
- Individually controlled air conditioning and heat
- Assistance with dressing, bathing, medication management and dietary plans
- Safety features such as call buttons, handrails, sprinklers, fire alarms, courtesy check-in system
- On-site visits from physician, optometrist, dentist, audiologist, nurse practitioner and podiatrist
- Transportation to shopping, religious services and cultural events
We encourage residents to develop new interests while staying involved in the hobbies and activities. Our overall goal is for our residents to be active, independent and happy. We take pride in enriching the daily lives of our residents, continually evaluating and updating our programs. Here is just a sampling of the activities we offer:
- Wellness lectures
- Musical entertainment
- Baking classes
- Outdoor activities
- Gardening and walking groups
- Mentally and physically engaging activities and exercises
- Cultural events
- Outings and
- Shopping trips (wheelchair accessible van available)
- Celebration of religious holidays and religious services
Memory Support Peabody Resident Life
The assisted living apartments are designed especially for residents with Alzheimer’s and other dementias to meet the specialized needs of those with memory loss and cognitive impairment. Our highly trained staff works with each resident to minimize limitations while maintaining individuality, dignity and overall peace of mind.
- Two 16 apartment residence, designed in consultation with the Alzheimer’s Association
- Spacious apartments with scenic views
- Residential style country kitchen, discovery stations, comfortable screened porch
- Personal air conditioning and heating
- Nutritious meals prepared by on-site chef; salon, café and great room
- Personal laundry service, housekeeping services and assistance with daily activities of living
- Basic cable TV, land-line telephone and internet access
ActivitiesWe offer a wide range of programs staffed by dedicated professionals who are trained in dementia care. Our physicians, nurses, therapists, and social workers offer continuous assessment and evaluation using the Habilitation approach which allows residents to be active throughout the day.
Additional programs and activities:
- Individualized and failure-free activities that encourage a positive emotional response
- Outdoor activities such as gardening and walking groups
- Musical programs and entertainment, group outings, holiday and birthday celebrations
- Daily activities providing opportunities for creative expression, cognitive stimulation, social interaction and physical exercise for all stages of dementia and Alzheimer’s
Designed by Robert Hoover of HBLA, Inc. Portsmouth, New Hampshire specifically for a memory impaired population, the Memory Services at Aviv Estates showcase two remarkable therapeutic gardens. These colorful gardens were created on the premise that nature is a therapeutic and restorative medium. Enclosed for safety, the gardens allow residents to enjoy gardening activities as well as savor the spectacular beauty of the outdoors.
Music & Memory
Harriett and Ralph Kaplan Estates is certified to implement the highly acclaimed “Music & Memory” program. This program has had tremendous success in reaching individuals with dementia where other methods have failed.