It seems like there is a new wonder diet revealed every day. But now, in addition to diets that guarantee weight loss, there are diets targeted to the growing senior population, including diets to prevent Alzheimer’s, to eliminate wrinkles, to reduce your chance of stroke, and many others.
We would say to take all these with a grain of salt, but salt doesn’t appear on any of these diets. And actually, most of these recommendations can only do your mind and body good. We just wish there were one all-inclusive diet that made us beautiful, smart and young again. And wealthy, don’t forget about wealthy. Here are seven suggestions that will help keep your brain from aging.
- Dark chocolate, which contains cocoa flavanols
- Fish, like salmon, mackerel, and tuna, which contain Omega-3 fatty acids
- Nuts, especially walnuts, which also contain Omega-3 fatty acids
- Chard, spinach, pumpkin seeds, yogurt, almonds, black beans, avocados, figs, dark chocolate, or bananas, which contain magnesium
- Blueberries, which contain antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and anthocyanin
- Green, leafy cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and spinach, which contain carotenoids, vitamins C, E, and K; folate; and minerals.
- Green tea, which contains antioxidants, alkaloids and various vitamins and minerals